Tax payment plans
The Government has announced a raft of measures to help businesses including extended time to pay and tax holidays.
Businesses will not have to make VAT payments due between 20 March and 30 June 2020. They will also have until 31 March 2021 to pay any tax that has accumulated during the deferral period. HMRC has confirmed that deferred amounts will not be subject to interest or penalties.
The Government has also announced an extension of the business rates holiday to all businesses in hospitality and retail sectors regardless of rateable value. This means retail outlets, pubs, cinemas and restaurants will pay no business rates for 12 months.
Additionally, a £25,000 grant will be provided to retail, hospitality and leisure businesses operating from smaller premises, with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000.
These grants which are non-repayable, are available by applying to your local council.
HMRC has put routine tax compliance checks on hold currently, although the work of its Fraud Investigation Service will continue.
The First-tier Tax Tribunal put all proceedings in the ‘standard’ or ‘complex’ category on hold until 30 June for proceedings received by the tribunal before 24 March.
However, this will inevitably lead to a significant backlog in outstanding tax disputes.
Our tax experts are here to help your business. We will explain what measures you can take now to ensure that your tax burden is minimised. We can liaise with HMRC on your behalf if a revised tax payment plan is necessary to sustain your business and we can also mitigate this against and tax refunds due.
- Details of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme confirmed
- Guidance on hospitality and tourism VAT cut published
- Summer Economic Update
- Don’t forget to make an SEISS claim by 13 July!
- HMRC offers clarity on usual hours calculation for flexible furlough
- Coronavirus grants to businesses, employers and individuals are taxable
- Guidance published on repaying Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme overpayments
- Key dates for Coronavirus support schemes
- Government publishes new ‘Covid Secure’ guidance
- Remember to reinstate your VAT direct debit in time for your next payment
- HM Revenue & Customs clarifies repayments of Corporation Tax and anticipated losses
- Employers given 30 days to confess to furlough fraud
- RE OPENING…GET ON YOUR BLOCKS!
- Download our Coronavirus support for business timeline
- Managing Cash
- Helpful steps to improve credit control
- Top tips for improving profit
- Are you taking your business online? – Six steps to effective pricing
- HM Revenue & Customs publishes detailed guidance on calculating furlough claims from July onwards
- Further clarification issued on eligibility for second round of Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Government delays VAT Reverse Charge
- VAT deferral refund available
- Trade Credit Insurance backed by £10 billion guarantee
- Guidance on exceptional circumstances for higher rate SDLT refunds updated
- Whistleblowers make almost 2,000 allegations of furlough fraud
- Employees returning from parental leave continue to be eligible for furlough scheme
- Chancellor unveils changes to furlough scheme
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) extended
- Coronavirus Future Fund opens to applications
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme set to open for claims
- Maximum Government-backed loan amount for larger businesses increased to £200 million
- Temporary tax freeze on home office expenditure announced
- Tax treatment of expenses and benefits during COVID-19
- Money laundering supervision payment deferrals and deregistration announced by HM Revenue & Customs
- Changes to notifying an option to tax (VAT) on land and buildings during the Coronavirus pandemic
- COVID-19 – Re-build and recover – we’re here to help you get back on track
- New start-ups
- Owner Managed and Family Businesses
- Cashflow projections and budget assistance
- Tax payment plans
- R&D Tax Credits
- Dividend Tax Planning
- Inheritance Tax
- Business Advisory Services
- Contracts & Agreements
- Assistance with business plans and pricing reviews
- Payroll & HR advice
- Practical Employment Law Considerations For Returning to Work
- Employment contracts – changes to package and benefits
- Furlough – continuation and return to work
- Business Finance
- Loans and other methods of finance
- Property Owners
- COVID-19 – An assessment of safe working arrangements
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) extended until October
- “Covid Secure” practical workplace guidance for employers
- Get ready to claim the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
- Eligibility for grant funding
- Government reduces the penalty for Lifetime ISA withdrawals
- Bounce Back Loan scheme is now live – apply today
- Deferring your VAT payment
- Bounce Back Loans scheme for small businesses
- Businesses bombarded by cyber-attacks as they seek support for COVID-19
- Child Benefit and the High-Income Child Benefit Charge during the coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme
- Coronavirus Customs Authorisations
- Are you or your team classed as essential workers?
- Payment of dividends during the Coronavirus outbreak
- Certain sectors see access to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme restricted
- Are you eligible for the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)?
- I’m a director of a small company – what support is open to me during the Coronavirus outbreak?
- Government launches Business Support Finder tool
- Government announces Future Fund for fast-growing businesses
- Administering the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme online portal launches
- Statutory Residence Test changed to allow skilled workers from around the world to assist the UK’s Coronavirus response
- Government SEISS guidance updated
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme extended to end of June
- Expanded Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) launched
- How total income and trading profits will be calculated for the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) cut-off date extended to 19 March 2020
- Accounting for grant payments
- CGT reporting of property sales to be given more time
- Four new Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) lenders announced
- Detailed guidance published on the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme
- OBR warns that the UK economy may contract by more than a third before bouncing back by end of 2020
- Easter Weekend updates to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – Portal opens Monday 20 April 2020
- The Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS)
- Latest amendments to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme announced
- Personal loans, credit cards and overdrafts
- Revised Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- Take care – Coronavirus fraud on the rise
- Government updates guidance on small business and retail sector grant schemes
- Government confirms that furlough rules do not leave employers at risk of breaching minimum wage rules
- Newly appointed staff members will not benefit from the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Coronavirus support for people working through their own limited company
- Holiday rules relaxed to allow annual leave to be carried over to next two years
- Suspension of director liability for wrongful trading
- Soft-landing period for MTD for VAT extended to April 2021