How to make the most of cloud-based accounting software
The cloud is king in the world of accounting, with a vast range of software and applications available, designed to be easy to use by businesses and their owners.
The beauty of cloud accounting is that the software can be accessed anywhere that has an internet connection on a range of devices.
Good accounting software can be critical for business leaders. It makes it easier to get a handle on company data and understand how the company is performing at any time.
This empowers you to work with your accountant to make effective decisions quickly and confidently.
Here are some areas where you can do more with accounts software:
Planning and controlling spending are key areas for business success, especially at this moment in time. Successfully implemented software can help your business grow by allowing you to allocate your budget to the areas of your business that make you the most money.
Once you have allocated budgets, your teams can record spending in the latest accounts software so you can always see if you are on track or overspending in less profitable areas.
Using traditional accounting software can be expensive, difficult and time-consuming to upgrade. In comparison, most cloud accounting platforms update automatically for free and under most licenses, giving you multi-user access, without the need to install expensive software on multiple computers and devices.
Multi-user access makes it easy to collaborate online with your team and advisors and allows your accountant to access your data in real-time to provide insights that help your business thrive and grow or warn you of potential risks on the horizon.
Staff access to the software and security
You may not want everyone to see everything, which is why you can grant different levels of access to different people within your organisation.
The cloud is one of the most secure ways to store information thanks to the sophisticated encryption used by many platforms’ servers.
This means that no one can access your data unless they have a login to the online account and permission to view the information saved there.
There is an app for that
The growth of platforms has been outpaced by the incredible number of connected apps that support the main functions of cloud accounting by helping with analysis and automation.
There really is almost an app for everything when it comes to cloud accounting. These provide you the tools to achieve incredible things.
Although much of the focus in recent years has been on the essential role of cloud accounting in compliance with Making Tax Digital, more and more businesses are learning about the great benefits on offer beyond this.
- How hard-pressed SMEs can obtain business support
- Be prepared for changes to VAT penalties and VAT interest charges
- Penalties for misuse of Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Managing costs to offset spiralling inflation – Our top tips for cutting your bills
- Take action – Loans to small businesses drop to record low
- ‘New deal’ for tenants to be delivered in Renters Reform Bill
- National Insurance thresholds are changing – Are you ready?
- Make sure you are making the correct PAYE payments to HMRC
- Could Government-backed business loans become permanent?
- Working from home tax relief continues, but fewer employees likely to be eligible this year
- Our top tips for hiring your first employee
- Revenue updates guidance on tipping apps
- Expansion of the Trust Registration Service – What you need to know
- Don’t ignore the warning signs that you or a customer’s business is in trouble
- Keeping a lid on business expenses
- How can you finance a new business?
- Getting to grips with the new National Insurance and Dividend Tax Rates
- Looking to start a new business? You aren’t alone
- R&D Tax Credits – What is changing next year
- HMRC to launch new mandatory P87 expenses form
- Spring Statement 2022
- Are you making the most of super-deduction tax relief?
- Retain key staff with salary sacrifice schemes
- Cash flow statements – How to avoid errors that damage your business
- How to make the most of cloud-based accounting software
- Avoid the pitfalls of the SEISS scheme
- Company tax returns must include COVID-19 grants says HMRC
- HMRC focuses on backlog of work by shuttering telephone services
- Top tax tips to help your business save money
- Nearly half a million SMEs at risk of failing due to late payments crisis
- Fears over move to MTD, as few take part in income tax pilot scheme
- Company directors banned for Bounce Back Loan fraud
- New tax rules on holiday lets – What does it mean for owners?
- Most popular options available when setting up a new business
- Can you avoid the P11D process?
- Give yourself Time to Pay
- Cash no longer king as card payments surge in lockdown
- Be prepared for changes to Corporation Tax in 2023
- Accountants critical to the success of SMEs
- How the penalty system for late tax submissions is changing
- Income tax basis periods – What unincorporated businesses need to know
- New COVID financial support announced
- Prepare now for the final stage of MTD for VAT
- Eight New Year’s resolutions that businesses should follow
- Homes price boom sparks a big rise in Inheritance Tax receipts – What can you do to save tax?
- PAYE Settlement Agreement can save time and costs
- Self-Assessment taxpayers warned over fraudsters trying to steal information
- Should payments made by an employee for vehicle and uniform rental be treated as reductions when calculating the National Minimum Wage (NMW)?
- Plan B – What does it mean for you and your business?
- Take advantage of the extension to the Recovery Loan Scheme
- Simple steps you can take to cut business costs and maximise profits
- Is your business struggling with debt? Regain control today
- Top tips for filing your Self-Assessment tax return
- How businesses can avoid becoming the victims of fraud
- Need Help to Grow? Learn about the latest Government-backed support for SMEs
- Business rates reform – How will it affect you
- What Is the Best Cloud Accounting Software for UK Restaurants?
- Autumn Budget 2021
- Worried COVID Plan B may affect you or your business?
- I have been sent a nudge letter by HMRC – What should I do next?
- Received a CJRS compliance check? Act now!
- MTD for Income Tax delayed – What it means for you
- Buying a business – Top tips to secure the best deal
- Six steps to secure finance for your business
- Managing business costs – what the energy and supply crisis may mean for your company
- Kickstart Scheme and apprenticeship incentives extended
- Final SEISS deadline – Submit your claim by 30th September!
- SME confidence is on the rise as employers make plans to expand their workforce
- Minimum wage non-payment excuses ‘outrageous’
- Couples could be missing out on tax breaks
- New weapons in the war on cybercrime
- Beware of rising house prices increasing Inheritance Tax liability
- Frustrated SMEs turning to unsecured loans to grow businesses
- How will the National Insurance and dividend tax increases affect me?
- Beware of exceeding your pension pot allowance
- Draft legislation published for next Finance Bill
- Super-deduction gives businesses confidence to grow
- Taxman says help available as debt collection resumes
- SMEs optimistic and frustrated as economy set to thrive
- HMRC auto-correcting 2020-21 SEISS tax returns
- The fifth round of the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) is now open
- Government updates self-isolation rules with limited exemptions for 16 sectors
- Freedom Day – What does it mean for businesses?
- Time to prepare for Corporation Tax changes
- Making Tax Digital for Income Tax – Get ready now!
- Points-based system for HMRC late payment penalties
- Take account of your year-end tax liabilities
- Director’s ban a warning to others to keep proper company records
- Don’t miss the deadline for renewing tax credits
- A helping hand with the cost of children’s summer activities
- CJRS – Upcoming changes to payments and the furlough scheme
- Preparing for the end of the Stamp Duty Holiday
- Government extends ban on commercial evictions until March 2022
- Fifth round of the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme to launch in late July
- Businesses can still access the Recovery Loan Scheme
- Make sure to include SEISS grants on your next tax returns
- Beware of the HMRC scammers, but ignoring calls can be costly
- Carry back scheme brings welcome relief for business
- New recommendations in sweeping CGT review
- Tax saving strategies for landlords