Financial Reporting: GRC, Governance Risk and Compliance Tools
Someone said, “When all you have is a hammer every problem is a nail.” The same applies to the process of choosing Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools. If you’ve been tasked with selecting a GRC tool for your inn or pub you are critical to your company’s success.
Don’t be the person who picked a bad GRC tool for financial reporting. You don’t want to use your tool compared to a hammer pounding a square peg into a round hole. GRC software appropriate to one industry is not necessarily suited to another.
Read on to learn about the meaning of GRC, the right GRC tools, and related professional services.
The meaning of GRC can vary widely. It can be difficult to know what to do when choosing GRC tools and services for a specific industry such as an inn or pub. We need a definition of GRC appropriate to the licensed trades.
What Is Governance Risk and Compliance
Scott Mitchell’s definition, “the integrated collection of capabilities that enable an organization to reliably achieve objectives, address uncertainty and act with integrity,” doesn’t specifically address the pub and inn industry.
The meaning of GRC in the pub and inn industry would include a reference to the uncertainty that arises when customers drop off and income declines. The current pandemic’s effect on customers is a perfect example of uncertainty.
The pandemic added to the regulatory compliance burden of many small to medium-sized businesses. GRC software can help keep track of no regulations and how they will affect the volume of customers.
How GRC and Financial Reporting Reduce Uncertainty
The effect of a reduced number of clients can in turn affect a business’s projected revenues. A drop in revenue would be reflected in monthly and quarterly financial reports generated by GRC software.
One organization offering quality GRC solutions software is 1st Risk Solutions. Tracking revenue through the right software and financial reporting can mitigate the risk posed by unforeseen events
There are always monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and tax reporting tasks that require your attention. You need the right software and the services of qualified accountants to conserve your time and money
The Right Risk and Compliance Tools and Services
When evaluating software and services ask yourself what challenges do I face on a regular basis? In the pub and inn industry if a software offering doesn’t provide for VAT return preparation or other common tasks you should consider another option.
Choosing tools and services to meet your financial reporting and GRC needs helps manage risk.
Why spend hours of your valuable time learning what a professional already knows. Consult a professional about GRC and risk and compliance tools. As a business owner, you know what an hour of your time is worth.
The Right Choice to Reduce Risk
Ask yourself if the hours you spend on financial reporting and governance would be better spent on your business. Check out the professional pub accountants that can save you time and money.
- New COVID financial support announced
- Prepare now for the final stage of MTD for VAT
- Eight New Year’s resolutions that businesses should follow
- Homes price boom sparks a big rise in Inheritance Tax receipts – What can you do to save tax?
- PAYE Settlement Agreement can save time and costs
- Self-Assessment taxpayers warned over fraudsters trying to steal information
- Should payments made by an employee for vehicle and uniform rental be treated as reductions when calculating the National Minimum Wage (NMW)?
- Plan B – What does it mean for you and your business?
- Take advantage of the extension to the Recovery Loan Scheme
- Simple steps you can take to cut business costs and maximise profits
- Is your business struggling with debt? Regain control today
- Top tips for filing your Self-Assessment tax return
- How businesses can avoid becoming the victims of fraud
- Need Help to Grow? Learn about the latest Government-backed support for SMEs
- Business rates reform – How will it affect you
- What Is the Best Cloud Accounting Software for UK Restaurants?
- Autumn Budget 2021
- Worried COVID Plan B may affect you or your business?
- I have been sent a nudge letter by HMRC – What should I do next?
- Received a CJRS compliance check? Act now!
- MTD for Income Tax delayed – What it means for you
- Buying a business – Top tips to secure the best deal
- Six steps to secure finance for your business
- Managing business costs – what the energy and supply crisis may mean for your company
- Kickstart Scheme and apprenticeship incentives extended
- Final SEISS deadline – Submit your claim by 30th September!
- SME confidence is on the rise as employers make plans to expand their workforce
- Minimum wage non-payment excuses ‘outrageous’
- Couples could be missing out on tax breaks
- New weapons in the war on cybercrime
- Beware of rising house prices increasing Inheritance Tax liability
- Frustrated SMEs turning to unsecured loans to grow businesses
- How will the National Insurance and dividend tax increases affect me?
- Beware of exceeding your pension pot allowance
- Draft legislation published for next Finance Bill
- Super-deduction gives businesses confidence to grow
- Taxman says help available as debt collection resumes
- SMEs optimistic and frustrated as economy set to thrive
- HMRC auto-correcting 2020-21 SEISS tax returns
- The fifth round of the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) is now open
- Government updates self-isolation rules with limited exemptions for 16 sectors
- Freedom Day – What does it mean for businesses?
- Time to prepare for Corporation Tax changes
- Making Tax Digital for Income Tax – Get ready now!
- Points-based system for HMRC late payment penalties
- Take account of your year-end tax liabilities
- Director’s ban a warning to others to keep proper company records
- Don’t miss the deadline for renewing tax credits
- A helping hand with the cost of children’s summer activities
- CJRS – Upcoming changes to payments and the furlough scheme
- Preparing for the end of the Stamp Duty Holiday
- Government extends ban on commercial evictions until March 2022
- Fifth round of the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme to launch in late July
- Businesses can still access the Recovery Loan Scheme
- Make sure to include SEISS grants on your next tax returns
- Beware of the HMRC scammers, but ignoring calls can be costly
- Carry back scheme brings welcome relief for business
- New recommendations in sweeping CGT review
- Tax saving strategies for landlords
- Bank of England and CBI expect the biggest rise in economy for decades
- Financial Reporting: GRC, Governance Risk and Compliance Tools
- HMRC unveils penalty regime for VAT deferral scheme
- COVID forces businesses to change direction
- Workers can continue to claim home working tax allowance in the new tax year
- Reimbursed expenses – What you need to know
- HMRC to tackle SEISS abuse with new penalty regime
- New Debt Respite Scheme launched
- National Insurance relief launches for employers that hire veterans
- Parents missing out on tax-free childcare bonus of up to £500
- Applications for SME Brexit Support Fund underway
- Thousands of cases of COVID-related fraud and cyber-crime are being investigated
- Majority of SME owners have loaned personal money to their business during the pandemic
- Coronavirus insolvency measures extended until the end of June
- Inheritance tax reporting to be simplified
- HMRC contacts self-employed individuals who could be eligible for fourth SEISS grant
- Furlough scheme guidance updated
- New claims needed to continue receiving working from home tax relief
- The Best Cloud Accounting Software For Pubs
- Coronavirus Restart Grant
- Student loan thresholds to rise from 6 April 2021
- HMRC updates tax rules and calculations on ultra-low emission vehicles
- Almost two-fifths of small businesses are looking to trade overseas
- National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage rates to increase from 1 April
- Business rates review report delayed
- Vaccine rollout prompts SME optimism about prospects for 2021
- Budget 2021
- Self-Assessment late payment penalties relaxed but interest still accrues
- Business insurance rates are on the rise
- The advantages of electric vehicle salary sacrifice schemes
- Consultations on future of Companies House could see filing deadlines slashed
- Voluntary and compulsory strike-off processes paused in response to national lockdown
- Don’t forget to claim home working tax relief
- Large and medium-sized businesses need to be ready for IR35
- The VAT Reverse Charge for the Construction Industry Scheme – Are you ready?
- Basic rate taxpayers could face ‘high income’ child benefit charge
- The VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme
- COVID-19 Bounce Back Loan repayment period extended
- Calculating Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme claims for annually paid directors
- HM Revenue & Customs waives late filing penalties for Self-Assessment taxpayers who file by 28 February – but payment deadline remains
- Requests for exemption from publication of furlough claims must be submitted by Monday 25 January