Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – Portal opens Monday 20 April 2020
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has confirmed that the online portal for applications to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) will open on Monday 20 April 2020.
The CJRS provides grants worth 80 per cent of a furloughed employee’s salary up to a cap of £2,500 a month, plus Employers’ National Insurance Contributions (NICs) and minimum employer auto-enrolment pension contributions.
Furloughed employees are placed on temporary leave and may not carry out any work during the period of furlough.
Any employee on your PAYE payroll on 28 February 2020 can be furloughed, including those who have subsequently left but who you are prepared to take back on.
The scheme is backdated to 1 March 2020 and is in effect until the end of May, although the Government has said it will be extended if necessary.
If we are authorised to act as an agent on your behalf for PAYE and you plan to furlough any of your employees, please let us know the following information as soon as possible:
- The name of each furloughed staff member; and
- The date each employee was furloughed and when you expect them to resume working, if known.
- Your Company bank account details.
We will then make a claim on your behalf when the portal opens.
If we act for you as a file only agent, we are unable to make a claim on your behalf if you plan to furlough any of your employees. However, we can provide you with the information you need in order to make a claim.
- Eat out to help out
- New legislation introduced to protect redundancy pay of furloughed workers
- Seven tips to get start-ups off the ground
- Government confirms Coronavirus tax concessions in amended Finance Bill
- Future Fund expanded to more businesses
- Research finds lack of knowledge, information and skills are key barriers to Making Tax Digital compliance
- New corporate insolvency rules come into effect
- £84 billion of R&D tax credits unclaimed – Could you be eligible for a share of this funding?
- Government confirms Job Retention Bonus of £1,000
- Upcoming key dates for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Paying for COVID-19: Government begins exploring tax take back
- Government confirms the next steps for the digitisation of taxation
- Government publishes detailed guidance on SDLT holiday
- HM Revenue & Customs confirms first arrest in connection with furlough fraud
- Reminder: Deferral of second payment on account
- HM Revenue & HM Revenue & Customs updates Self-Employment Income Support Scheme guidanceCustoms updates Self-Employment Income Support Scheme guidance
- Coronavirus apprenticeships guidance updated
- Download our updated Coronavirus Support grids
- Details of ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme confirmed
- Guidance on hospitality and tourism VAT cut published
- Summer Economic Update
- Don’t forget to make an SEISS claim by 13 July!
- HMRC offers clarity on usual hours calculation for flexible furlough
- Coronavirus grants to businesses, employers and individuals are taxable
- Guidance published on repaying Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme overpayments
- Key dates for Coronavirus support schemes
- Government publishes new ‘Covid Secure’ guidance
- Remember to reinstate your VAT direct debit in time for your next payment
- HM Revenue & Customs clarifies repayments of Corporation Tax and anticipated losses
- Employers given 30 days to confess to furlough fraud
- RE OPENING…GET ON YOUR BLOCKS!
- Download our Coronavirus support for business timeline
- Managing Cash
- Helpful steps to improve credit control
- Top tips for improving profit
- Are you taking your business online? – Six steps to effective pricing
- HM Revenue & Customs publishes detailed guidance on calculating furlough claims from July onwards
- Further clarification issued on eligibility for second round of Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Government delays VAT Reverse Charge
- VAT deferral refund available
- Trade Credit Insurance backed by £10 billion guarantee
- Guidance on exceptional circumstances for higher rate SDLT refunds updated
- Whistleblowers make almost 2,000 allegations of furlough fraud
- Employees returning from parental leave continue to be eligible for furlough scheme
- Chancellor unveils changes to furlough scheme
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) extended
- Coronavirus Future Fund opens to applications
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme set to open for claims
- Maximum Government-backed loan amount for larger businesses increased to £200 million
- Temporary tax freeze on home office expenditure announced
- Tax treatment of expenses and benefits during COVID-19
- Money laundering supervision payment deferrals and deregistration announced by HM Revenue & Customs
- Changes to notifying an option to tax (VAT) on land and buildings during the Coronavirus pandemic
- COVID-19 – Re-build and recover – we’re here to help you get back on track
- New start-ups
- Owner Managed and Family Businesses
- Cashflow projections and budget assistance
- Tax payment plans
- R&D Tax Credits
- Dividend Tax Planning
- Inheritance Tax
- Business Advisory Services
- Contracts & Agreements
- Assistance with business plans and pricing reviews
- Payroll & HR advice
- Practical Employment Law Considerations For Returning to Work
- Employment contracts – changes to package and benefits
- Furlough – continuation and return to work
- Business Finance
- Loans and other methods of finance
- Property Owners
- COVID-19 – An assessment of safe working arrangements
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) extended until October
- “Covid Secure” practical workplace guidance for employers
- Get ready to claim the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
- Eligibility for grant funding
- Government reduces the penalty for Lifetime ISA withdrawals
- Bounce Back Loan scheme is now live – apply today
- Deferring your VAT payment
- Bounce Back Loans scheme for small businesses
- Businesses bombarded by cyber-attacks as they seek support for COVID-19
- Child Benefit and the High-Income Child Benefit Charge during the coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme
- Coronavirus Customs Authorisations
- Are you or your team classed as essential workers?
- Payment of dividends during the Coronavirus outbreak
- Certain sectors see access to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme restricted
- Are you eligible for the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)?
- I’m a director of a small company – what support is open to me during the Coronavirus outbreak?
- Government launches Business Support Finder tool
- Government announces Future Fund for fast-growing businesses
- Administering the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme online portal launches
- Statutory Residence Test changed to allow skilled workers from around the world to assist the UK’s Coronavirus response
- Government SEISS guidance updated
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme extended to end of June
- Expanded Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) launched
- How total income and trading profits will be calculated for the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) cut-off date extended to 19 March 2020
- Accounting for grant payments